Thursday, February 01, 2007

Book: Evangelism for the Rest of Us

Evangelism for the Rest of Us: Sharing Christ within Your Personality Style

This is the how-to evangelism book for those of us with an introvert personality. On the Myer-Briggs Extravert/Introvert scale, I come out as far as a person can on the "I" side of the scale. I'm sure if it could go any more, I'd be right there.

So my thoughts and feelings resonated strongly while reading this book. I could identify with nearly everything in the book, from having the "evangelism is not for me" feelings, to the fears that introverts have, the discomfort of large-scale evangelism methods, and so on.

The book is really an affirmation that we, introverts, are uniquely equipped and gifted in ways to reach a portion of the population that is turned off by the more traditional methods and forms of evangelism that continue to be promoted and employed.

Extraverts who read this book will probably not understand and may even think this book is completely wrong about evangelism. Guess what!? We, introverts, think the same about 90% (maybe even more) of the evangelism methods and training out there. Welcome to the club!

No comments: