Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sermon, Feb. 10: Will You Be Mine?

(Click on title above for MP3 sermon audio.)

As you know, we've all been, and continue to suffer from some type of flu -- I think it's more than just the common cold. Elise and the girls have been suffering a few miserable days here.

I've resorted to my "suppress the symptoms and stimulate the immune system" concoction of crushed raw garlic, grated fresh ginger, large amounts of cayenne pepper, and a bit of concentrated lemon juice. So far it seems to be having some effect.

Yesterday, I was not feeling well and thought things might get much worse today. I did awake in the middle of the night with some aches, but some ibuprofen took care of that and I managed to continue sleeping. I felt much better this morning and knew that I would at least get through Sabbath School and Worship without any physical problems.

A family that hadn't been attending for a while, and with whom I visited this past week, came this morning bringing along two of their girls and another girl. I sort of suspected that there might be a few kids, even with ours flat out at home, so before leaving home I quickly downloaded a Sabbath School lesson for earliteens. Fortunately the adult class teacher was able to make it so we had a teacher in there, and I was able to go in and lead out the kids' class.

The sermon was based on John 1:19-34, where John the Baptist gives his testimony regarding Jesus. From there I tried to give an answer to the question, "What would a Valentine from Jesus look like and say to us today?"

Now that morning duties are done and I'm back home, I am feeling somewhat worse than I was. The aches are returning and I'm feeling about 70%, down from about 95% earlier.

No comments: