Monday, February 26, 2007

Mt. Rushmore

I just spoke with Elise. She was able to go and see the big faces at Mt. Rushmore in the Dakota hills. They were delayed out of Atlanta, missed a connection at Salt Lake City, waited for another flight, and got into Rapid City later than scheduled. So rather than going into Wyoming, it looks like they will be staying their entire time in Rapid City. Lorean's brother and his wife came into Rapid City and they will be staying there the next couple of nights as well.

The girls and I are managing ourselves back here in Petersburg. We had extra butternut squash from last Thursday, so I made the same soup last night, plus some fried rice to go with it. Amy does not like the little fake-meat gluten burger bits, so she didn't have any of the rice.

The weather here continues to be mostly cloudy, cold, and dry. The snow remains on the ground, slowly evaporating away. I went to the Post Office yesterday on the bicycle. Riding through soft slush is worse than ice. It's like riding through deep sand or mud. I was trying to go up a slight incline, and my rear wheel kept spinning and sliding sideways. I'm sure the driver of the car following me must have been amused...

No comments: