Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Transparency vs. Secretiveness

Some readers might question why I am so forthright and transparent in recording even my negative thoughts on this blog. Couldn’t someone take it and use it against me? Of course. I fully expect it could happen. I fully expect what I have written to be taken out of context and manipulated to say what I never intended. Do I care? Yes and no. Yes, I care that someone may be so insecure as to do that. No, because no power on on earth can change or destroy the confidence that I have in Christ’s love for me (Romans 8:31-39).

I write here because there just might be someone who is experiencing similar problems who can know that they are not alone. I write here because I don’t believe in hiding my thoughts, even negative ones. I don’t believe in pretending that everything is okay when everything is not. I believe there is more redeeming power in revealing our struggles and how Christ works through them than there is in the “nice Christian” stories and clichés (one might term that “Churchianity”). If you don’t agree, that’s okay. Just don’t be dogmatic about it.

No comments: