Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another spring-like day

This week has been rainy and icy for much of it. Then today came with bright, sunny skies (after the fog burned off).

I walked over to the Presbyterian church in the morning to pick out some hymns for this upcoming Sunday’s worship (where I will be giving the sermon), and also to practice a couple of piano duets that will be played during the prelude.

In the afternoon I took a bike ride out the road to mile 6.62 and back; a total of a little over 15 miles in a little under an hour. This was the longest ride so far this winter and this calendar year. I was feeling pretty good on the bike, getting down into the drops and motoring along at a fairly good pace. I am feeling the effects of the position now though. My sit-bones feel a little sore and my back feels a little stiff.

I’m starting to wonder if there are any herring to be found in the harbor. I am itching to go out and catch some fish. Typically the dock and shore fishing doesn’t really begin until April, but with the warmer winter, I wonder…

No comments: