Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nice weather is not taken for granted

After some rather heavy rains the past several days, today is dry with some sun.

I took advantage of the weather to ride the bike out to milepost 9 and back, a total distance of 20.3 miles. I took it at a moderate pace – not easy, but neither was it too hard. It was the longest time so far this calendar year at 1 hour 20 minutes.

I could be wrong, but I think this may be one of the longer rides I’ve done in March anywhere. Back in Oregon, March was just about the time I put away the indoor trainer and started getting outside. After all, I thought riding outside for fun in temps less than 50 degrees was a bit extreme. Not here though. If it isn’t icy and/or snowing and the sun is out, it’s good enough to go out.

No comments: