I was supposed to fly out of town yesterday. Supposed to, but didn’t happen. Not because the weather was bad. In fact, the weather couldn’t be better. No. The plane never made it out of Juneau. Some mechanical issue, I was told. First estimate was 30 minutes. Then it turned into an hour. Then 3 hours. And then the flight was cancelled. At least I was able to wait it out at home.
That was the second and last flight of the day. Which meant I would fly out the next day, today. And the flight from Seattle to Tokyo would not happen today, but tomorrow.
The cancellation came out just after the deadline to cancel the Seattle hotel. I called them. Their reservation server was being upgraded. They said they’d call back. Which they did. And they were nice enough to change my reservation to today. Without any penalties, if I understood correctly. Which would be really nice. Because I don’t want to have to gather all the documentation for a travel insurance claim.
The flight status now says the morning flight from Seattle is on schedule to Ketchikan. I’ll believe it when it gets here.