Sunday, November 08, 2009

Ordered a new rice cooker

I ordered us a new rice cooker today. The model is Zojirushi NP-HBC10. I thought about the next model up with pressurized cooking, but couldn’t get myself to justify spending close to another $200 for just that feature.

“Aren’t all rice cookers the same?” some might ask. The answer is an emphatic, “No!” When I was in Japan the time previous to the most recent one, we got Dad a new rice cooker. I got to use it quite a bit this last time there and was utterly astounded by how well it cooked the rice and kept it warm – even rice cooked and kept for 48 hours was still very good.

Our old rice cooker is probably about a decade old. Rice left in there even overnight starts to get dry and hard. There is no timer feature so I have to remember to make sure I get the thing turned on to cook in time. Not only that but the inner bowl is well past its prime. It was more than time for a replacement.

Since it’s coming via Super Saver shipping, it will probably be near the end of the month before we see it.

No comments: