Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tired and heading to sleep

The winds last night calmed down somewhat and so that voyage over the waters was actually quite smooth. The lounge in which we were staying wasn’t quite as chilly as the observation deck on the Malaspina on the way over. That meant I was actually able to catch a little bit of sleep during the night. Once daylight came though, as it was so spectacularly beautiful, I was out and about the decks with my camera pretty much non-stop for the remainder of the voyage.

We didn’t have much in the way of quick preparation foods back home. We ended up having spaghetti and sauce. Afterwards it was the big job of unloading, sorting, organizing, and carrying everything to their proper places.

I downloaded all the photos to the computer and weeded out the obviously bad ones – out of focus, blurred, etc. Even with that I now have to go through over 200 images to determine which ones to keep. That will be something I do when I’m not quite as tired and sleepy. And then you’ll get to see what the scenery really looks like. The images from the BlackBerry camera don’t do the scenery justice.

For now, I’m heading off to bed to catch up on some sleep.

No comments: