Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wildly Windy and Wet

I can’t recall when it started, but it seems like at least a week now where we’ve had heavy rains. Last night was particularly wet as well as windy. There are areas in the basement that are now wet that never got wet during the previous fall and winter. I couldn’t stay asleep this morning, so heading down there I found three boxes that were sitting in puddles. I moved them to higher, drier ground. I don’t think there was anything in those boxes that would be permanently damaged.

I don’t mind the rain. I don’t mind the lack of light. I do mind the concentrated rains that saturate the ground and cause water to rise up into the basement.

The Presbyterian service on Sunday went without too many incidents. There were a couple of times there when I wasn’t exactly sure what was supposed to happen (they have a very fixed order of things). But after a few awkward moments things went on.

Monday evening and yesterday, a couple of the instructors for the school district that supports some of the homeschool families were in town and provided workshops and classes, both for parents and kids. The kids learned a bit about PowerPoint 2007 and about the states during yesterday’s classes. Yesterday evening was a potluck with the families.

No comments: