Saturday, October 18, 2008

An empty church today

I’m not sure if this has happened before, but today it was just our family. Yup, that’s right. So we sat around for a while, then sang for another hour or so as we waited to see if anyone would come. I set down the 15-minutes rule (you know, from college – if the prof doesn’t show up 15 minutes after start of class, you’re free to leave?) at 11:00 a.m. At 11:15 we went back home. Having no one else here is actually better for me than having one or two others because with no one else, I can just use this week’s sermon next week.

After getting home I put a frozen pie in the oven, warmed up the cauliflower + kidney beans curry and had lunch. Later in the afternoon I went to the post office and picked up a few packages that were waiting.

4 comments:

~ V ~ said...

Did you ever use the 15-minute rule in college? The only times I can remember a prof being more than 15 minutes late were when we didn't dare skip out on that certain professor!

Melissa Peterson said...

Haha and empty church can be so much fun. especially if it has good acoustics.

Ooh Question. How many months of the year is it dark there? Just wondering since everyone down here seems to think I will hate that part. thanks

Mark said...

I can't recall now if I ever did use the 15-minute rule.

Melissa Peterson said...

Thanks So much Mark.