Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Harvest Moon 2007

We are in the middle of our autumn season. For the last couple of weeks, it's been mostly rain, quite heavy at times, like today. It's also been breezy and windy on some days, such as today.

But once in a while, the clouds break and the sky shows through... like today. Early evening, I noticed that the rain had stopped and there was even blue sky to be seen.

Tonight, as I was preparing to go upstairs to go to bed, I looked out the window and saw that the sky was quite bright. I took a longer and more careful look and realized that the moon was full (or nearly so) and visible.

(Full moon is supposed to be tomorrow, but does it count if what I saw was just 2 hours from tomorrow? Even the site that I checked to see if it was full or not says that the phase is 100%, even though actual full is considered to occur tomorrow. Perhaps because our time zone is so far west...?)

I quickly gathered up my camera and a tripod and proceeded to make a few images. The contrast of the bright moon against the dark trees made it difficult to see exactly how the framing was going. Most of the images weren't much to behold, but the following two were interesting enough to keep.

 

No comments: