Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Midweek Update

There really hasn't been anything terribly unusual occurring in this part of the world.

Amy has been going to this week's VBS at the Lutheran Church. They are running the Avalanche Ranch program. Next Thursday through Sunday, the Salvation Army church will host their VBS, Tumbleweed Gulch.

Living with a pre-teen and a full teen means migraines... I've had one every day this week. A bit of Ibuprofen and Chamomile tea seems to help reduce the pain.

The weather has been a series of sun, clouds, and rain. Yesterday was bright and sunny. Today, it is quite showery.

One of our church members was admitted to the hospital this past weekend. I've been stopping by the hospital to see how things are going. I've met with a couple of the family members.

The girls and I have been playing games of chess the last few days. Either I've gotten really bad, or the girls are playing quite a bit better than I last recall. It's probably the latter. I can't get away with quite as many stupid mistakes as I used to -- though I still try to bluff when I catch myself making them.

Shelley is working on an Indian curry recipe tonight. She's just finished chopping the onions, and she's all teary-eyed about it. :)

The appraisal report on the house still has not come back. Since it is now just a week until our rate lock expires, we're hoping that the report will make its way to the lender really, really soon. I suppose it's not the end of the world if it doesn't  in time. It just means our monthly payments will go up some, probably by around $50.

No comments: