Friday, December 03, 2010

December Morning

According to the weather forecast at the start of this week we were supposed to have gotten quite a bit of snow. It is Friday now and all we actually got was some rain and a dusting a couple of nights ago. The temperature has gone down and the ground is frozen now. The skies have cleared also.

I was driving our girls to school this morning (8 a.m.) when I noticed that the sun was just coming up over the eastern hills and projecting colors on the western hills. I also noticed that the there were thin layers of clouds all across the sky, amplifying the colors. After dropping off the girls I quickly returned home and picked up a camera and drove down to the water, about a quarter of a mile. I snapped a few photos before the sun rose higher and the colors washed away.

No comments: