Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shop and shop

What do Alaskans do when they go on vacation? They shop. That's what we did yesterday -- all day long.

Elise and girls went with their grandmothers (yes, plural) and did their thing. I went on my own to run a few necessary errands and then hit some stores to find out if what I needed was available and if not, to place some online orders to hopefully get them delivered in time.

I went to the bank, got a haircut, dropped in a few luggage stores, had some coffee, looked at vacuum cleaner bags, looked at kitchen equipment, went to pet supply stores, Home Depot to get some replacement faucet handles, a late lunch...

Then we all met at the Washington Square Mall. Elise got an iPhone and wanted a case. We got much more than that. I picked up an All-Clad 10-inch stainless steel fry pan (now I have a fry pan that can go under a broiler, yay!). I also got an additional 10W power adapter for my iPad. (It includes a 6-ft cord, which makes it much more useful than the one included with the iPad.) And then I finally found a sporting goods store that carried BuzzBomb lures at a good price - $2-4 less/each than in Petersburg. I picked up 13 of them plus more line and some fishing tools.

Meanwhile the girls found a prom shop where each of them found and purchased dresses for next year's prom.

We ended our day by having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

More shopping today? Yes... We need to get a couple of suitcases to replace broken/worn ones that we left at home.

No comments: