Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back in the Lower 48

It was an uneventful trip back down to the Lower 48. We flew from Petersburg to Juneau, and then to Seattle. From there we drove to Discovery Bay.

Along the way I spotted a Target coming up so I whipped over to the exit. We purchased a number of necessities, including a chef's knife. From our past experiences at WorldMark resorts, the units don't have decent kitchen knives. I wasn't about to pay to check-in baggage just to bring along a knife from home. I figured I could purchase a decent one for the same cost as a check-in bag.

A little ways further down the road I spotted a sign for Safeway. We purchased a number of grocery items and then resumed our drive.

We made it safely to the resort, mostly thanks to the MotionX GPS Drive HD app on the iPad directing us all the way. I was somewhat skeptical but it worked admirably in getting us to our destination, even with the several detours that we took.

The unit that we are staying in is a 3 story split-level. The master suite is on the bottom, the laundry room and entrance half a level up, the living and kitchen on the second floor, a bathroom the next half level up, and then a sitting room/couch and a bedroom on the third floor. I checked the kitchen knives and as I suspected/expected there was no chef's knife.

Along the way the cell data coverage was for a time just EDGE, but getting closer to the resort 3G returned, so we are all happy.

Before leaving the airport we stopped at the Mexican food counter and purchased burritos to take along. We had them after our arrival at the resort.

No comments: