Thursday, June 03, 2010

New personal record catch

R0011633

High tide is now in the early morning hours (well, it also happens in the evening, but right in middle of or after dinner), so I went out at 5:30 a.m. this morning. I ended up with six bites, 3 of them small fish which I either didn’t hook too strongly and allowed to escape, or caught and released. One large catch escaped. These are the two with which I returned home.

While catching the smaller of the two there was a lady and her dog walking nearby on the beach. The dog was very excited to see the fish flopping about in the water and wanted it for himself.

The larger one was caught not too long afterwards. As soon as I felt it hook and began reeling it back in, I knew that it was going to be a big one, and I was not disappointed. I measured its length at 18-5/8 inches (1/8-inch longer than my previous record) and weighed in a 2-1/4 pounds (1/4-pound heavier than my previous record).

No comments: