Sunday, June 13, 2010

First cutthroat catch this year

I was out in the rain this afternoon trying my luck at catching fish. After about an hour of no luck it appeared I had hooked a small-ish fish – except that it didn’t act like any Dolly. The fish jumped and flipped out of the water over and over again. I thought for a few seconds there that perhaps the fish had escaped the hook, but as I reeled in the line I could feel tension again and did see that I caught it. After bringing it up I could see that it had black spots – definitely not a Dolly, but a cutthroat trout. It was smaller than 11-inches so back into the water it went after removing the hook. No pics, since it was raining and my hands were wet – I didn’t want to fish out my BlackBerry to take a snap and risk dropping it in the water. Another half and hour or so later, I caught a 16-inch Dolly which will be dinner in a couple of days.

No comments: