Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Today happens to be Dad’s birthday. We had a birthday party last night instead of today. Last night we had beef curry, assorted sushi, salad, and cheesecake. We got Dad a digital audio recorder (so he could record his sermon today), and a small crab robot toy (which didn’t work as well as I saw on the demonstration video at a store).

We didn’t do anything terribly fancy this evening. I put together garlic bread and Elise cut up some vegetables for a salad. I put together some potatoes, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, vege-ham, onions, green onions, eggs, konbu-dashi, salt, sugar, soy sauce, and water for a sort of a bit-like-stew-but-not-really creation. I don’t know what to call it.

Afterwards we had some pumpkin “pie” that Dad brought home. I write “pie” because it was really a kind of a large dinner roll-like bread filled with sweet pumpkin filling and all made to resemble a pumpkin (for Halloween, of course).

R0011450 R0011451

No comments: