Sunday, August 23, 2009

That was one long trip

The trip began Friday evening about 5 p.m. and I reached my destination 32 hours later. The time since I last laid down in a bed has now reached 49 hours. In the meantime I’ve napped on a very hard and short wooden bench at Seattle, had a very dark (72%) hot chocolate drink, made my first stop ever in Canada, and nearly finished listening to a biography of Samuel de Champlain which revolves around the history of the founding of Quebec.

This was also the first time I flew on JAL. The overall service level seemed noticeably better than ones I’ve experienced from other carriers. The food looked and tasted better. The first meal was a broccoli beef dish. Typically the broccoli is usually found to be quite dead, mushy, and brown, but the one I had this time was still obviously green and still firm. The presentation was considerably better than any I’ve seen. The light meal at the end was a turkey and tomato sandwich with a basil mayonnaise. It was one of the better sandwiches I’ve  had. I think this is the first time I’ve gotten a recipe idea from an airplane meal.

I’m beyond tired and exhausted. I think I’ll be able to sleep though – at least I hope I can.

No comments: