Sunday, May 17, 2009

Little Norway Pageant

Since returning home, I’ve spent quite a few hours sleeping. This weekend is the Little Norway festival weekend, but I haven’t been to it except for the pageant.

Amy was introduced as this year’s Poet Laureate during the pageant, and so I had to attend. Here are some photos and a video of Amy being introduced and reading one of her poems. The mic was a bit high for much of her reading so it is nearly impossible to make out what she is saying. The awful acoustics of the gym didn’t help either.

Amy also got to help out in the presentation of the 49-star flag (when Alaska became a state).

While in Japan I acquired a new compact digital camera: the Ricoh CX1. I am very impressed with both ability and quality of capture at low light levels. I am also very impressed with its ability to handle multiple white balances. The interior of the gym was lit by multiple color temperatures, but the camera was able to handle the difficult situation quite well. Overall, this is probably one of the best, if not the best, compact digital camera available today.

(Click image for photos.)

Click HERE for video (Windows Media, 4.9 MB).

No comments: