Friday, May 01, 2009

In Japan

After making it to Seattle on Wednesday, I made the flight on Thursday and arrived in Tokyo Friday afternoon.

The flight was rather uneventful and long. In-flight entertainment is now on-demand, something that has changed since I last traveled overseas 9 years ago.

We arrived an hour earlier than scheduled. That was good because due to the current flu scare, health officials (in masks and gloves and disposable gowns) came on board to examine all passengers before clearing us to unload. That took about an hour. (Flight attendants said it took two hours the prior day.)

Once I got off, the rest was a breeze. I was out through the checkpoints in another 15 minutes or so.

Because I was able to get out so quickly, I was able to get on a bus earlier than the one planned. The travel through the city was, as expected, long due to congestion.

I arrived at Kichijoji station where I met my parents and drove the short distance home.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: