Thursday, May 31, 2007

Need to learn auto mech and woodworking

Since my pay to time ratio is now at infinity, it looks like I need to learn basic auto maintenance skills as well as learn how to do woodworking.

I had the standard lube-oil-filter service done at the local shop and the bill came to almost $90! When (materials + labor + sales tax) are taken into account, that's about what would be expected. Still, when I'm still used to all the competition driving down service rates, $90 is a bit of a surprise.

We'll need quite a number of bookcases, shelves, desk units, and cupboards once we move, and I'm pretty sure that in the long run building them myself rather than purchasing them will come out to be much less expensive.

Once we have a place to store additonal tools and equipment, it looks like I'll be venturing into yet more skill areas that I have not had any need in the past. We'll see if the next year turns me into something more than a bumbling mechanic and carpenter.

We did finally get the signed purchase agreement from the seller. It's been faxed to the lender so that loan processing can begin. Now it's a matter of waiting to see if the loan will be approved. I've arranged for a home inspection this Sunday afternoon.

No comments: