Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Unpacking...

And unpacking, and unpacking... I'm not sure which part of moving is the worst part. We've used full-service movers twice now, and each time the unpacking seems to be the worst because we have no help to do it. The packing and moving is fine because, even if stressful, the movers do it all. But when it comes to unpacking, we're on our own. And it's doubly bad when the contents are meant to go into space twice as large as we are currently in.

We've cleared up a bit more space in the apartment. It's not quite an obstacle course anymore. We even had space in our bedroom for sleeping bags side by side instead of trying to fit them into the little walkway between stacks of boxes.

I moved one of the computers that we brought over to the church, together with one of the printers. The church office now has a working PC and printer. I need to find a modem, because the PC doesn't have one, and I'd like to be able to go online from the church. I think one of the other PCs has a modem in it that we don't need in the apartment. So component swapping I'll go.

During the move, our digital piano and the power cord got separated. Shelley had been unhappy about that, because she was so looking forward to playing the piano again. Today I found in one of the boxes a power cord that I think got separated from a CD/Radio unit. It's the standard audio equipment power cord so I used that to plug the piano into the power source. Shelley was pleased.

BTW, the rain is back.

No comments: