Friday, February 15, 2008

Was there a cover-up?

Over at the Re-inventing the Adventist Wheel blog, there is a new interview with Tom Norris. I mention this because the overall direction that Tom wants to see the Seventh-day Adventist chruch go is very similar to what I spoke about in my sermon two weeks ago.

In the interview Tom talks about alleged cover-ups by the General Conference regarding Ellen White since 1888 and how that has resulted in confusions and divisions within the church since then, and has also resulted in the church losing and becoming ineffective in performing its mission. Tom argues that in order for the church to move forward, it must honestly acknowledge and admit the mistakes of the past and recover what the gospel really is.

I link to the post not because I agree or disagree with it (for me, it's actually both to varying degrees), but because I believe it is more dangerous to have tunnel-vision and only see things in the way we are accustomed to seeing.

(Added April 2, 2008: Response from the White Estate.)

No comments: