Friday, February 08, 2008

The Calm Between Storms

As noted in the previous post we had quite a bit of snow yesterday. If the weather as forecasted comes true (there is a winter storm warning out for all of Southeast Alaska tonight and through the whole weekend), we could see anywhere from two to five (or more) feet of snow by Monday. (My muscles ache just from thinking about it.)

Today, however, was one of those days that lets you know in no uncertain terms why people choose to live here rather than some other place. I have a bit of a cold so I was debating all morning whether or not to actually go snowshoeing. I'm happy that I did, because even though the temperature was just in the teens, with the sun shining brightly, my black jacket and snow/rain pants soaking up the rays, it was quite warm and pleasant.

I have too many photos to put individual ones on this blog post. So click on the gallery image and you will be taken to a gallery web page where you can browse through the individual photos.

No comments: