Tuesday, February 12, 2013

‘Tis been a warm winter so far

A bout of a cold struck and shot me down a week ago. That coincided with a couple of dry days in Petersburg; days during which I did not get a chance to get out. There’s been some nasty diseases around here from the flu to strep throat so I didn’t want to take a chance. Fortunately I only had one bad day and have been on the quick road to recover since.

I heard dripping wetness coming down off the roof last night, but when I looked out of the windows this morning I saw that some fog but the clouds were starting to break. Since I was going out for coffee anyway I carried along a camera. By the time I left the coffee shop about an hour later, the skies had cleared but the wind had picked up considerably. I walked out toward Middle Harbor to see what it was like out there.

Here’s how things looked.

R0014167R0014168R0014171a

This has been an interesting winter so far. We’ve had some snow in the early season, but overall it has been on the warm side since. There is no snow pack at the lower elevations, and in town, the roads are clear of snow and ice.

No comments: