Friday, March 23, 2012

Sermon: “Out of the Darkness” - Suicide Prevention and Awareness

Last Wednesday (March 14) I had the opportunity to speak to the Baptist church about the issue of suicide and an approach Christians can take to prevent suicide and raise awareness of the issue.

I’ve been working with a community coalition for the past few years on the issues of substance abuse and suicide prevention. I’ve had the opportunity to attend a couple of statewide meetings on the issue of suicide prevention and postvention. Earlier this year, in January after attending one such event I felt that I could be a catalyst for doing more active work toward prevention in Petersburg. With that in mind I volunteered to head up a subgroup of the larger coalition, to focus more specifically on the issue of suicide. Part of that work for me includes awareness outreach to the Christian community in Petersburg.

The video is 720p HD and 36 minutes long.

No comments: