Monday, February 15, 2010

Spring in February?

That’s what it felt like today. The temperature warmed up to almost 50 degrees and the sun came out for a bit, though now it is mostly cloudy and breezy.

I went out on the bike for a short, 45 minute spin. I couldn’t find my arm warmers so I went out with just a short sleeve jersey and a wind vest. Fifty degrees is still too cold for shorts so I had leg warmers. This is the lightest cycling clothing I’ve ever worn around here in February. Normally I’d be wearing a long sleeve jersey, perhaps a jacket, and wind-and-water-proof pants.

On another topic, Shelley made it out of Juneau yesterday, but the ferry broke down in Sitka. She is stuck there today. If the boat doesn’t get repaired, they will be on the next ferry leaving Sitka tomorrow and arriving here on Wednesday.

No comments: