Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stripey is much more himself today

And not all in a good way…

It’s good that he’s more alert and active. I caught him dashing up the stairs. He’s roaming about the house in a curious fashion.

It’s not good that he’s back to locating plastic bags and chewing on them. And it’s not good that he discovered my herb garden and took the chives down to a stubble (because chives can be rather toxic to cats and dogs), and started working on the thyme and dill when I caught him.

I don’t think he ingested enough of the chives to be a problem. I couldn’t find an exact problem amount for chives, but for onions, the number I found on some vet literature was 5g/kg of the cat. There wasn’t 20g of chives, and I found most of the big pieces of chives scattered about the area. We don’t need yet another Stripey emergency… sigh…

No comments: