Monday, December 15, 2008

Continued Cold, now skateable

The spell checker tells me “skateable” is not a word. Whatever…

The cold continues and it’s been cold enough, long enough for the large muskeg pond up at the ballfield to freeze over. The additional condition is that there be no snow when the pond freezes over. Like last year about this time, conditions came together so that the pond was skateable.

I went up there on my bicycle to examine the conditions. When I got there I saw someone skating on the ice. I figured it must be safe, so I called home and told Shelley about it. When I returned from the post office, Shelley and Elise left for the pond.

Elise took the camera and snapped a number of photos. I was quite surprised and impressed that so many of the photos came out since the light was fading and it was getting dark. I looked at the EXIF data and saw that the shutter speed started out at 1/100 but by the end it was down to 1/15.

Anyway, click on the image below to enter the gallery. Indoor rinks are nice and smooth, but the scenery of from our pond beats any indoor rink!

Click to open in new window/tab

No comments: