Thursday, August 02, 2007

Kids off to camp

The kids (our two, plus thirteen others from Petersburg) headed off to camp yesterday. The kids and gear were piled into three vehicles and we headed off together to a boat launch area 24  miles away on the south end of our island. The last five or so miles are dirt and gravel (which I think they are working to pave).

The kids and gear were unloaded from land transports onto two water transports. And then they were off. Vank Island is about a 15 minute trip over water. We can see the island from the boat launch.

We didn't hear that there were any problems, so I'm assuming no news is good news. They'll be back next Wednesday.

On the way back, once we got onto the paved section of the road, I turned on cruise control for a few miles. It still works! I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's been used since our trip up I-5 last September.

For our campmeeting next weekend, our church is responsible for Sabbath lunch. I worked a bit last night on putting together an itemization of food that we'll need to purchase and prepare. One to one-and-a-half pounds of food per person adds up to quite a bit.

No comments: