Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cold, cold, cold

Now that the snow has gone away and the sun is coming back, we are getting very cold days and nights. For much of this week starting tomorrow, we will be in the 20's and colder with some days barely getting out of the teens.

Here are a couple of images from today. The hill across the Narrows from the apartments almost seemed ablaze in fire this morning. When I saw it, I quickly grabbed the camera and dashed out across the street. The sidewalk and the sides of the road were pretty much solid ice. I am very thankful for my YakTrax. It makes my walking commute to the church much safer.

These next ones are from Sunday when I went for a mile long walk in knee-deep snow. It was one strenuous workout. I was rewarded, though, with untracked snow except for the deer.


Deer Tracks


Muskeg

More Muskeg

Bird-made Snow Angels

Antlers?

Sunday evening we attended a Community Hymn Sing at the Lighthouse Church. We got to sing a number of praise and worship songs that we hadn't sung since we left Oregon. And then during the time when songs were being chosen from the hymnal, we found ourselves singing a number of old campmeeting style songs. We got to meet some more of the community during this time.

I also bumped into an individual I earlier met at Helse's during the Wednesday morning minister's gathering a couple of weeks ago. He came to town fairly recently and decided to stay. (It seems like there are quite a number of people who do. They're just wandering about the country and happen to end up here, and decide to stay.) He is interested in attending all the different church services in town. I let him know we meet on Saturday mornings, and also Wednesday evenings. I hope to see him at one of our services.

No comments: