Thursday, August 29, 2013

Book Review: The Manga Bible

The Manga Bible: From Genesis to RevelationThe Manga Bible: From Genesis to Revelation by Siku
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This treatment of the Bible and its contents is certainly different. It covers some of the major stories (and a few minor ones, too) to give the reader a sense of what is in the Bible. There are references back to the Bible sprinkled throughout so that readers who want to know more can find it.

It is an interpretation and an adaptation of the biblical text. Every page does contain numerous direct quotes from the Bible, often seen as excerpted phrases to describe what is happening in a cell.

It wasn't my style of reading and the manga (comic book) style isn't one that I really identify with, but it's possible that there is an audience for it. I'm just not sure someone who has little or no interest in Christianity picking this up, but I could be wrong.

View all my reviews

No comments: