Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sermon: In Jesus' Name

Midway through last week, I was asked if I could fill in on Sunday at the Assemblies of God church service. Not too long before I had come across a text in one e-mailed devotional piece. At that time I thought the subject matter would lend itself well to a sermon, but for the past half-year, our church hadn't had a sermon.

I could see that I was being given an opportunity, but should I take it or not? I didn't want to do it because I wanted to, but because that is what God was opening for me. After spending a day in prayer and thought about it, I accepted.

The topic is, what does it really mean when we "pray in Jesus' name?" Christian prayers frequently end with this phrase or something very close to it.

I am out of the habit of recording sermons, so even though I brought along a recorder I forgot to turn it on. Someone at the church recorded it, so hopefully I will get an audio soon.

In the meanwhile here is my sermon outline. I find a graphical format works better for me (and it's cool on the iPad).

No comments: